How do the wise decide and lead businesses and organizations to great success is the question Bryn Zeckhauser and Aaron Sandoski posed to themselves after landing their first jobs as managers. Despite the best training the world could offerâ€”Harvard MBAs and stints at McKinsey & Company, the elite powerhouse consulting firmâ€”they felt unprepared when faced with the pressure to make critical decisions. So they set out on a three-year quest to discover how people with remarkable success and experience in both corporate and public lifeâ€”â€œthe wiseâ€â€”went about making crucial, often make-or-break decisions. They share their discoveries in their book How the Wise Decide: The Lessons of 21 Extraordinary Leaders.
For additional training on this topic, consider these AMA seminars:
To learn more, read these AMACOM Books:
* John F. Kennedy on Leadership by John A. Barnes
* Leading with Kindness by William F. Baker, Michael O’Malley, Ph.D.
* Lead by Example by John Baldoni
* 78 Important Questions Every Leader Should Ask and Answer by Chris Clarke-Epstein
* Preparing for Leadership by Donna J. Dennis, Ph.D., Debbie Meola