In his book Hidden in Plain Sight, Erich Joachimsthaler explains how you can spot opportunities that too often are overlooked. The book introduces the demand-first innovation and growth (DIG) model that shows how to become an unbiased observer of people’s consumption and usage behaviors. Refining this skill helps companies generate organic growth through new products, services, solutions, and experiences that truly enhance peoples’ lives.
Erich is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Vivaldi Partners, a global strategy, innovation, and marketing firm.
In this week’s You’ve Been Spotted segment, Kevin Lee asks participants from AMA’s course “Strategic Planning” about what opportunities they’ve found that were hidden in plain sight. Listen to these participants share what they’ve learned from the course.
For additional training on this topic, consider these AMA seminars:
* Driving Organic Growth: How to Maximize All of Your Company’s Assets
* AMA’s Advanced Course in Strategic Marketing
* Creativity and Innovation: Unleash Your Potential for Greater Success
* Developing and Executing a Customer-centric Strategy
* Market Research: How to Get the Right Data to Make the Right Decisions
To learn more, read these AMACOM Books:
* Bigger Isn’t Always Better: The New Mindset for Real Business Growth, by Robert M. Tomasko
* The Power of Strategy Innovation: A New Way of Linking Creativity and Strategic Planning to Discover Great Business Opportunities, by Robert E. Johnston, Jr., J. Douglas Bate