With every employee who walks out the door costing the company up to 200 percent of their annual salary to replace, retention is one of the most important issues facing businesses today. Because finding the ideal person for every workplace position has become an increasingly difficult task, the retention of top employees has become every manager’s concern. Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em, by organizational-development specialists Beverly L. Kaye and Sharon Jordan-Evans, proposes that this “race for talent” can be effectively run only by those who adopt programs and policies that truly support their personnel.
Beverly Kaye, president of Beverly Kaye & Associates, Inc., is an organizational consultant with over 20 years of experience in career development, management training, and human resource planning. She is also the president of Career Systems International, a career development publishing company, the author of Up Is Not the Only Way, and the coauthor of Designing Career Development Systems. She is coauthor, with Sharon Jordan-Evans, of Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em: Getting Good People to Stay.
For additional training on this topic, consider these AMA seminars:
* Igniting Commitment: Engaging Employees for Breakthrough Performance
* Talent Management
* Essentials of Human Resources Management
* Employee Retention Strategies: Fighting Turnover
* Successfully Managing People
To learn more, read these AMACOM Books:
* The Loyalty Advantage, by Dianne Michonski Durkin
* Bench Strength, by Dr. Robert W. Barner
* The Leadership Advantage, by Robert M. Fulmer, Jared L. Bleak
* Strategic Staffing, by Thomas P. Bechet
* The Employee Recruitment and Retention Handbook, by Diane Arthur