Exceptional leaders capture passion. They lead for real: from the heart, smart and focused on the future, and with a commitment to being their very best.
A new book, Becoming a Resonant Leader, by Annie McKee, Richard Boyatzis and Frances Johnston, talks about the concept of leadership resonance. Through resonance, leaders become attuned to the needs and dreams of people they lead. They create conditions where people can excel.
Annie McKee is co-founder of the Teleos Leadership Institute and teaches at the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education.
For additional training on this topic, consider these AMA seminars:
* AMAâ€™s Green Leadership: Implementing Sustainability Strategies
* AMAâ€™s Business Acumen Challenge: A Simulation Experience for Leaders
* AMA’s Advanced Executive Leadership Program
* Developing Executive Leadership
* Preparing for Leadership: What It Takes to Take the Lead
To learn more, read these AMACOM Books:
* The Leadership Advantage: How the Best Companies Are Developing Their Talent to Pave the Way for Future Success by Robert M. Fulmer, Jared L. Bleak
* The Leadership Training Activity Book by Lois B. Hart, Ed.D., Charlotte S. Waisman, Ph.D.
* The Nature of Leadership: Reptiles, Mammals, and the Challenge of Becoming a Great Leader by B. Joseph White, Yaron Prywes